Promotion is the way of flowing motivation in any organization. Because it is the promotion that is one of the various parameters that exhibits the growth of an employee. And here we are to discuss the same. In Punjab police, it was seen in the recent years that the promotion is almost ignored in several ranks. Let us study here about Punjab One Rank Up Promotion Scheme for police.
Punjab One Rank Up Promotion Scheme
There were various positions or designations in which no growth or promotion is seen. Various constables and Non-Gazetted Officers were not promoted in the recent years because of the shortage of vacancies of the senior ranks. This was seen as a violation of their right of being promoted because most of them fulfill the eligibility criteria to be promoted.
So it was an alarming need for authorities to look into the matter. It is therefore that Chief Minister of Punjab, Captain Amarinder Singh launched a scheme for assured promotion. This scheme is launched by the name, Punjab One Rank Up Promotion Scheme. Also, this scheme is known as Assured Career Progression (ACP).
Punjab One Rank Up Promotion Scheme Objectives
This scheme is looked up to do the following:
- Put an end to the stagnation in the promotion programme of Punjab Police.
- Each constable should at least retire from the position of Additional Sub Inspector.
- To ensure Assured Career Progression in Punjab Police.
The following path will be adopted for promoting the recruits in different positions:
- From Head Constable to Assistant Sub Inspector at the completion of 16 years of job.
- From Assistant Sub Inspector to Sub Inspector at the completion of 24 years of job.
- And From Sub Inspector to Inspector at the completion of 30 years of job.
Launch Program Highlights
Meanwhile in the program apart from the launch of the scheme:
- the commissioner also awarded the 14 new police officers (promoted)
- The batch of 2068 policemen password from the recruitment of Constables.
- It was basically a completion day of recruitment of 9 months basic recruit training.
For more updates stay tuned with us.